Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Public Notice: Calaveras County Superior Court to Offer Online Ability To Pay Tool For Infractions. For eligibility information, click here.
Request a fine reduction for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool.


Emancipation of a Minor

How can I become emancipated?

The Emancipation Pamphlet, which provides basic information about emancipation proceedings is also available from the Court Clerk's office.

How do I proceed?

You must fill out the following forms which are available from the Family Law Clerk's Office:

  • Petition for Declaration of Emancipation of Minor (MC-300)
  • Emancipation of a Minor - Income and Expense Declaration (MC-306)
  • Notice of Hearing (MC-305)
  • Declaration of Emancipation of Minor After Hearing (MC-310)

File them with the clerk's office. See the fee schedule for fees to file the petition. If fees present a hardship, you may be eligible for a fee waiver. The Request to Waive Court Fees (FW-001) is the basic fee waiver form. To learn more about this form and applying for a fee waiver, read the Information Sheet on Waiver of Superior Court Fees and Costs.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.