Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Public Notice: Calaveras County Superior Court to Offer Online Ability To Pay Tool For Infractions. For eligibility information, click here.
Request a fine reduction for your eligible infraction offense using the new MyCitations tool.

Juvenile Division

Juvenile Transfer-In Hearings:

Department Information (Dependency):

Juvenile Dependency – Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. in Courtroom 2

Calaveras Health and Human Services Agency
509 E. St. Charles Street
San Andreas, CA 95249
Telephone: 209-754-6635

Department Information (Delinquency):

Juvenile Delinquency – Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. in Courtroom 2

Juvenile Probation Office Address:
Calaveras County Probation
23 E. St. Charles Hwy 49
San Andreas, CA 95249
Telephone: 209-754-6466


Frequently Asked Questions

Juvenile Delinquency and Dependency

These cases concern family situations where allegations of abuse or neglect have been made, and the Juvenile Court intervenes to protect the family's children. Whenever possible the Court strives to preserve and strengthen families so children can be raised safely in their own homes. When this is not possible, the Court's focus then shifts to ensuring that children receive a permanent home in a timely fashion, either through reunification with their rehabilitated parents or through adoption, legal guardianship or a long term foster care commitment. Further placement and responsibility for that child is given to Child Protective Services.

These cases involve children who have committed law violations that, if committed by an adult, would be considered crimes. Following the arrest of a juvenile offender, a law enforcement officer has the discretion to release the juvenile to his or her parents, or take the offender to juvenile hall. Further placement and responsibility for that child is given to the Probation Department.

Yes. No case will be heard unless the parent or legal guardian is present in court with the minor.

Contact the Probation Department (209) 754-6466. For a small fee, they will prepare all the paperwork for you.

Yes. Your child has a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney for your child, the Court will appoint an attorney to represent him or her.

In both dependency and delinquency cases, parents have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford to hire an attorney, upon request, the Court will appoint an attorney to represent you. Please note, if your child has an attorney, the attorney represents your child and not you.

You may be held responsible for various fees, including you or your child's attorney fees; probation department services fees and placement costs for keeping your child in a state placement such as the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Division of Juvenile Justice, Juvenile Hall, or an out-of-home placement.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.